Friday, January 9, 2009

There Will Be Fringe...

... and buttons and sleeves...
This has been a long process with numerous interruptions. Really don't care though, because it's such a joy returning to this lovely fabric.

Changes so far:
No pocket flap, no in-seam pockets, and no collar. Instead I added patch pockets with fringe, silk piping, and silk bound buttonholes. Bias seams, hems and vent are fuse-stabilized. The two-piece sleeve is now a three-piece, split down the grain from top of shoulder, and a vent added.

Thumbelina and O'Malley have been very supportive throughout this process, always insisting on aiding in any way they can...


---------------------
I want to welcome Berry back to the world of sewing and blogging- I truly missed you!

CidellYou are not too old for the dress- you would look fabulistic in an outfit like that!!!

I want to thank Cindy Lou for finding me and then top it off with an award! Since I already have received this award, I will link to that post here
---------------------

All you wonderful people are inspiring and enrich my life on a daily basis. I thank you. And so does DH. We would like to extend an open invitation to all of you faithful readers:

If you are visiting or live in Chicago, we will get you tickets to our musical Million Dollar Quartet free of charge. We are also planning to open our musical Baby It's You in a big theater here in Los Angeles in the spring, and when that happens, the same will apply. 

Thank you for reading my blog!

15 comments:

  1. Well I am very inspired by your beautiful, exquisite work! We live in Chicago and would love to see your show. I have been meaning to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed wiht this jacket, the fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cp to be! And suoat this is shaping uch lovely detailed work. DD will surely look like a princess wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are about 2 hrs from Chicago. I've been drooling over the idea of seeing Million Dollar Quartet ever since I first read about it here on your blog! What a nice offer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, you're welcome, Birgitte! Was sure you had gotten it... but was sure you deserved it again. I love your fabric as well-- can't wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally see if it I was anywhere near :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for the invite but alas Chicago is just a bit too far away ;(. The coat is looking really cute. Love the piping and matching bound button holes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coat looks beautiful so far..love the fabric, piping and my favorite, the bound buttonholes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No plans for Chicago anytime soon, but DD wants to go back to LA again this summer. So maybe we can catch a performance of one of your works then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be an awesome coat. I can see it's a joy to work with that fabric.

    And alas, too far away for Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a generous offer! I'm a little far away to visit Chicago now, but I think it's more than generous of you to extend such an offer to your readers! May your production break-a-group-leg!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU! You're so nice. It's too bad Chicago is that far from France ;o) Good luck for your show!

    Oh and I like the silk piping details on this lovely coat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The coat is going to be gorgeous. Love the contrasting fabric for the bound button holes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Birgitte,
    Is the offer still on for the show in Chicago? How can I contact you for April 1 tickets?
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy looking at your pattern reviews... and especially like those hot pant in the metallic fabric! We live in the Chicago area and would be thrilled to get tickets to see the Million Dollar Quartet! If they are still available, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete