Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some Juicy Details

Just a couple of shots so I can do a review. Thanks for all your lovely comments. This was a successful project and I'm grateful for that considering the PRICE of this fabric!

I'm now making a jacket (and probably a skirt) for me-myself-I, and will post shortly. Nothing complex though it has a few tricks (welt pockets and bias contrast bands). The first one to correctly name the BWOF pattern I'm using will get a nice surprise: Fabric for a jacket from F & S of her/his? (lol) choice within reason of course- they do have some stuff way past the 500/yd mark :) And Nancy, you're not eligible cause you already know :))

I'll go by the same rule as Cidell did in her recent giveaway: You must have commented on my blog at least once, and you must promise to make this jacket within the year 2009. I will pay for the shipping as well- even to Australia :))

Okay, if you bothered to read this far, forget about the coat pictures and go check your BWOF mags. :))



14 comments:

  1. Wow, how generous of you! I will need to go home immediately (it is only 11.30 in the morning here) and sit by my pile of BWOF waiting for more clues...lol.
    As for DD's coat - the more I see of it the more I love it! Think I need one of those for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the detailed pictures, I enjoyed your review at PR, too. I am guessing #114 jacket from 1/2009. cute pose by your dd, too.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, I already know the answer to this one - but if I didn't, I'd be scouring my issues right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 09/08? Model 130 or 131? That's one I've had my eye on for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bound button holes! This coat is really beautiful!!! You deserve to pamper yourself now and I'm off to scan my BWOF ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter's coat really did turn out lovely. I'm betting Lori's answer is correct - I too think it's #114 from 1/2009. Can't wait to learn what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No fair for me to guess- I just came over here from PR, so I know the answer! The coat would make any little girl drool. You did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an inspiration! I love your clothes. I am making a Chanel-inspired jacket similar to your Chanel jacket--thanks so much for being so generous with your talents! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll skip the drawing, since I can't guarantee I'd make the jacket this year, but I just wanted to say how much I love the details--the sequins, the buttons, the piping, the fringe. Like I said before, it's Inauguration worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That jacket is adorable and the details are amazing, but the best part are your daughter's poses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It might be no 115 from the February 2008 issue. Welt pockets with bias strips.

    Love the detail pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, Love! She is a little princess and the perfect model!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful jacket! I love all the details and she looks very sophisticated wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful coat... You're my mommy sewing role model! Let's hope my daughter doesn't grow up before I figure out how to make a chanel style jacket.

    ReplyDelete