... and here I am with a black jacket. And a coat. Well, the coat is nearly finished, just not very inspired with all this heat going on. The jacket is for oldest DD who's at boarding school. Sure hope it fits; we never did get around to making a muslin. It's made with stretch cotton and silk so I think it will be okay. I used BWOF 8-2008-115 and made very few adjustments, but I did have to deal with the fact that the pattern is for non-fraying wool with raw edge finishes, which of course I couldn't do with the cotton. It looks okay but LOVES cat hair (and thread and anything else that cares to show up).
The peplum and back belt is an interesting feature I think.
The lining is pretty wild.
... and the vents with sleeve bands that go toward the front. I attached the band to the back sleeve seam, whereas the pattern has the band attached by buttons and no vent.
Hope it's preppy enough for my "gossip girl" fashionista...
Okay, so I made a muslin of the vintage Pierre Cardin suit but I'm still waiting for the fabric. NY Fashion Center usually are quite fast but this time it's been two+ weeks :( They sent me an email more than a week after I ordered and said it would be delayed, which I think was kinda late to notify me. If the fabric is fabulous, I'll forgive and forget. If not, there won't be any more orders from me.
But the suit is gorgeous so I'll probably make it even without a contest :))
And thank you for the lovely comments on Warren and Jan's work. I'll be sure to show him when I go down there again. :))