Sunday, June 1, 2008

Why We're Going To Chicago

Lindsay T asked what "Million Dollar Quartet" is all about...

It's our musical about Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley, and the one night they all got together at Sam's house; Sun Records. We've already done two workshops; one in Daytona Beach, FL, in 06, and last year in Issaquah and Everett, WA. We had sold out performances every time, and this will be our last workshop, at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago.

We're also getting ready to do a workshop on another show, "Baby It's You", here in Los Angeles. This show is about The Shirelles, the first all-girl rock group, and Florence Greenberg, the most powerful woman in the golden era of Rock 'n Roll. 

Here's a link to DH's page describing all the shows we are planning

We're leaving Tuesday to do a few days of casting in Chicago- equity rules. I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the backstory! Went to DH's site for all the info. But one thing I'm unclear about from your blog: Do you perform onstage? I get the impression you do, since you're modeling the wardrobe, but maybe I'm wrong.

    My DH was a drama major at NYU in the 70s but he went the route of many a would-be actor: trial attorney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, not being in theater - I'm puzzled by the word "workshop".
    Is it a performance, or an actors workshop for people in theater??

    On a note that I know something more about - I'm interested in your opinion about how the grain is going on that bodice that I'm going to start draping tonight. I'm thinking the straight of grain is along the neck edge, which would make the bodice actually on the bias. Is that how you see it?
    bodice

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, wrong link. Try this


    if you get a chance to look at this, and have an idea, would you be able to email me at mlweaving at yahoo dot com?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell us more! Did you write it/produce it or are you singing/acting? Our local professional theatre just did a show called "Twist and Shout" -hands down the best show I saw there this year. Yours sounds like so much fun! I acted and sang in a review type troupe until last year and I know how great they can be.

    ReplyDelete