Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tunic

A comfortable silk tunic for summer :)) This is my very first one and all I can say is; what took me so long? BWOF 02-2209-110,  silk charmeuse from Thai Silks. I made a few alterations as you will see below, but it was pretty easy to make. 
Imogen, what do you think? 
(for anyone just visiting my blog; Imogen is an image consultant and her blog inspired me to try the empire style due to my H-shape [Rectangle])

Question for Imogen: I am an H, right? Vicky commented that she thought she was a pear and it turned out she's an X... I know the shirtwaist dress looks fine on me, but I'm wondering if it's due to the wide belt which almost reaches up to give an empire effect?

Okay, below are the pictures if you want to see the alterations/construction. I'm off to post a review. And I have more finished garments, jeez this backlog of reviews!! Shame on me :)) I'm also hurrying to make a cashmere robe for my dad who is turning 80. My dad and DH have birthdays 1 day apart... hmmm :))

And Anne; you are funny! Like you, English is not my first language, but that's beside the point. It's your thought process :)) Just love it so please keep on writing, here, there and everywhere :))




16 comments:

  1. Beautiful blouse. This style definitely does not say "H". The higher defined waist is very flattering. I know you are tall but this makes you look even taller and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous tunic. The style is very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It looks so classy and yet comfortable at the same time. I think you would really get a lot of "everyday" use out of it in a cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blouse, the fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I bet it floats beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no expert but whatever shape you officially are this tunic looks fantastic. The fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birgitte, your tunic is exquisitely attractive and chic! I overlooked it in Burdie WOF and you made it come to life! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - and flattering. The seam draws attention up, and you look so long and lean in the dress.

    Shirtwaist dresses come in such a variety - some will be flattering some not so much - if you've found one that works for you that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Blouse Birgitte, and you look so long and fabulous in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, fabulous tunic! I love it. I bet it's beautiful to wear too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this blouse! It looks really terrific on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. The combination of pattern and fabric is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the silk pattern. Looks great for the tunic. Nice and cool for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummi, your shirt was pure inspiration for a summer marinade: Lime, Black Pepper, Coriander seeds and grapes seeds oil... wonderful for meat on the BBQ. I cook, you come with your silk tunic... I tell you the neighbours will be hanging around and it won't be for the meat cooking on my BBQ. That tunic is great. Nice look with the pants and those sandals... your legs look infinitely long. Celine Dion can go back home. ;-) Boy she is tall that woman! There is a DKNY pattern (V1039) in cabinet that is looking at me while I am writting this comment saying... Hey, I could make a nice tunic type of top... ok you convinced me to give it a try. As usual, your are inspiring. As for the language thing, what is your mother tongue? If it would be French, you'd be a bRigitte ? Humm curiousity is the Queen of my vice, if it is at all a vice ! Anne in a rainy but oh wonderfully summer day, listening to Melody Gardot again. Perfect music for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne of the Thousand Delightful Stories . . . a hard act to follow! But I'll just say that your beautiful tunic has been playing around in my mind since you posted your review on PR. I took that BWOF issue out today and plan to give it a try. Thank you! And you do look long, lean and lovely in this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! The style is very flattering on you, so Imogen gives good advice :) I am working on a silk tunic now too, I tried one on recently while shopping and loved it.

    ReplyDelete