Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm Still Here... Sort Of...

It's almost Christmas, and yet I feel quite uninspired. This is usually a happy time- actually anytime is usually a happy time cause that's been my number one thing since I made a promise to myself as a very young child. I'm not going to pin the blame on anything other than myself, so I'm working things through and will see the light again soon :)

I've been making a dress for youngest DD and it's nearly finished. It's built from the ground up- literally. I bought some super-delish shoes and a dress had to be created in honor of their fabulousness.
I used the bodice of this dress (BWOF 11-2008-139) as a base,  and drafted the skirt to incorporate ruffles and lace.
The fabric is silk habotai and silk gauze, and the lace is the same I used for my blouse. I dyed the fabric with Bubblegum Pink procion dye- how appropriate :)) This dress will be called Bubblegum 4 Christmas...


Also, I forgot to correct an earlier post, where I mislabeled Nancy's bias skirt. The color is not black, but a deep plum, sorry Nancy.
I would also like to thank Ann for providing a link to a photo of a Roberta Carr video, that was very thoughtful of you, Ann- thank you.

I have not forgotten about the bias dress but...  Oh well, all you mommies out there know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. Are the ruffles on grain and then gathered? I used circular ruffles for Sofies skirt but then had the problem of stretching. And I hope you are back to your old happy self soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress already looks so pretty and feminine.
    Hope you are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your little princess striking one of her signature poses in this cute dress.

    ReplyDelete