Monday, September 15, 2008

Blog Awards





Sigrid passed these three awards on to me, and I'm very honored. Thank you, Sigrid. She summarized the rules:

1. Select 6/10 bloggers to whom you would like to give this award.

I'm quite new to blogging so I chose to go with those I'm most familiar with and whose blogs are mainly about sewing, although I'm sure they've all been awarded already.
In no particular order:

Melissa- I love reading about her sewing adventures and her family life. Having met her in person I'm also a bit influenced :)) She is so sweet and the way she communicated with my little one was quite special. Yup, she's a keeper!

Belinda- Her work speaks for itself. Always meticulous, she includes helpful info and has a large and loyal following, which now includes me :)) She may be "Sew 4 Fun", but that does not exclude a high degree of professionalism.

Lindsay- We know her as the NYC gal who's shopping all the time :)) If I ever get myself cross country, she'd be the first person I'd like to meet. She's also an excellent writer and has fun polls that make me think.

Vicky- She was one of the first to find my very obscure Mac blog and left messages, which speaks volumes. She's very dear to my heart, so- yes, I adore her. She has also raised two fabulous daughters. The three of them look like sisters.

Marji- Like so many others, this woman has inspired me tremendously. She is is a wealth of knowledge which she readily shares with anyone. Her posts are top priority, even when she writes about her other passion, sailing.

Kathleen- I'm not sure if she can post/participate in these awards on her website, but I want to award her just the same. She is brilliant, fun and so generous with her time and expertise. Her book is by my side always.

Nancy- Here I'm being partial again:)) After meeting her at LA PR weekend, I was struck by her soft natured-ness. She makes beautiful clothes and writes detailed info with pictures on her fitting and sewing. Her students are very fortunate indeed.

2. Put the award - prize on your blog and indicate who gave it to you by identifying her/his blog.

3. Paste theses rules on your blog.

4. Write 6 of your most important values and 6 negative points you condemn (for the Premio al esfuerzo personal award only.)

I'm choosing to sum things up :))
Important: Personal ethics and integrity.
Negative: Lack of the above.

5. Inform the recipients by leaving a comment on their blog.

Well, I think that's it. I still haven't gotten around to taking the pictures, but I will, promise :)

3 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Birgitte! It's so nice to be recognized, and such nice words about my little ol' blog. Right back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you as sweet as sugar girlfriend! Thank you for the generous words about me and the awards. I write a post on my blog very soon - just trying to get my sewing room reorganized and it's taking me forever - ugg. Too much fabric I tell you, too much fabric....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much - you are so sweet)). You really deserve the awards as you have been making the most beautiful garments and sharing the process so generously with us. I need to get back into the sewing room - maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete