Sunday, September 27, 2009

Inside The Suit

The suit is finally done but DD is out shopping (what else?). Here's the inside:


And a construction shot of the skirt:

The quilted lining worked great on the skirt so I'm most definitely going to do that when I make my own Chanel suit :)

Next up will be the blouse. I'm going to try to use the ruffle from BWOF 08-2009-117 with bodice from 103 from the same issue. But first I have to clean up the mess- threads and strands of boucle/ribbon everywhere!

Nice and hot here in LA, around 85 degrees. Not complaining cause this penguin actually LOVES heat :))

9 comments:

  1. Stunning!!!! Cant wait to see the other side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is so amazing, I can't wait to see the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous, what a great job! The quilting looks amazing. I can't wait to see the other side either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous. I look forward to seeing it modeled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You could almost wear it inside out! And I love your label!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, can't wait to see the whole ensemble. DD will look trés chic in this. Maybe she can wear it for post-college job interviews. You know I'd hire her in her faux-Chanel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what my grandmother referred to when she told me that the inside should look as good as the outside. Can't wait to see it on your dd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in for praises! The inside is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finishing. WHat a superb job (as always).

    ReplyDelete